First of all, everyone get stoked for the 2012 Olympic Marathon Team Trials! It all goes down this Saturday in Houston, with the men's start at 8:00am and the women's start fifteen minutes later at 8:15am (both CST). Unfortunately, the most important US marathon of the year won't be televised live. Instead, it will be shown on NBC from 3-5pm EST (same day coverage). Seriously, this is the Superbowl, because it picks the best in the nation, and then the top three go on to the Super-Superbowl in London where they face the best in the world. Can anyone imagine what the backlash would be like if the only Superbowl coverage was a two-hour highlight reel shown six hours after it actually took place? Such is the plight of being a fan of this great sport that most of America has no interest in watching.
Anyway, I have compiled some Trials information for you, since I'm not ballsy enough to put my own predictions out there (that and I really have no clue). So here you go:
US Olympic Trials Marathon Press Center
Pat Price @ Writing About Running's Road to Houston Recap
LetsRun's Men's 2012 US Olympic Men's Marathon Preview (if there's a women's, I can't find it)
Runner's World Olympic Marathon Trials Cheat Sheet
There's quite a bit of information on those four sites (not just the pages I linked to), so some digging around should get you some information.
Finally, congratulations to
Molly Pritz and new sponsor
ASICS!
Thanks for compiling the Trials info! A huge congratulations to Molly for getting sponsored by ASICS! Looking forward to the races on Saturday and seeing how things play out. It's such a shame that they're not being televised live (and in full) though. :/
ReplyDeleteWow, Molly to Asics! That's awesome. What a coup--for both sides!
ReplyDeleteCbus