Here's what Mizuno has to say about the Mezamashii Project.
In Japanese, the word mezamashi means "brilliant." We are on a quest to deliver more mezamashii -- more ecstatic, electric, wind-in-your-heart running. More brilliant running. So instead of spending millions of dollars on advertising to talk about our shoes, we're putting our money where your feet are -- by giving you a free pair.As you may know, I fell hard for the Ronin 4. And unlike some shoes, where I like them at first and then eventually grow to dislike them, the more I wear the Ronin, the more I like them. But I can sit here and preach all I want...truth is, you don't truly know how a shoe is going to work for you until you try it yourself. Luckily, that is the whole point of the Mezamashii Project.
So here's how it goes. I'm giving you five days to enter to win a free pair of Mizunos of your choice and experience a brilliant run of your own. You can check out the selection here. Today's 7/5/12, so that means you have until Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 at 11:00pm Eastern time (11:00pm EDT) to enter. I have two pairs of shoes to give away, and a couple different ways to enter.
1) Leave me a comment describing your ideal brilliant run. (You don't have to be a follower or even have a Blogger account to do this).
2) Follow my blog.
3) Follow Mizuno Running on Twitter.
4) Follow me on Twitter. Make sure to tweet me (@BeckiPierotti) and Mizuno (@MizunoRunning) and tell us which shoes you'd want!
5) Tweet and/or Facebook share this blog post.
Be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry so I can use a random number generator and I don't have to write up paper entries and pull them out of a shoebox. I reserve the right to check, so please don't tell me you followed Mizuno's Twitter account when you don't have Twitter yourself. Also, make sure you leave me some way to contact you. If you've followed my Twitter, I can DM you, otherwise make sure to leave me an email address (or you can do both if you so desire). I will be announcing the winner next Wednesday, but just in case you forget to check my blog, I'd like a way to contact you because the offer does expire by 7/15/12 (which is a Sunday...so ideally you'll have your order in by Friday, 7/13). Good luck!
Full disclosure: All of these shoes will be provided by Mizuno through the Mezamashii Project. Big thanks to them for putting this program together!
I want an invite to this so badly! I've been following this project for a few days and I'm entering in every way I can. Also, I'm glad I found your blog! I have subscribed via RSS feed :)
ReplyDeleteI follow Mizuno on Twitter already
ReplyDeleteI've followed you on Twitter!
ReplyDeleteMy ideal run: No humidity, early morning, low traffic on my favorite running trail through the park. A long run w/out pain. It happens from time to time, and when it does, it is truly brilliant!
ReplyDeleteFollowed you on twitter!
ReplyDeleteI follow mizuno already
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run is an afternoon long run on a warm day, with no knee pain :)
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run starts early in the morning before the sun comes up...then after a few miles I can see the sun peaking over the horizon. No traffic, just the sound of my mizuno's hitting the pavement. I love the waverider I have had 2 pairs of those and have exceeded 500 miles on my current pair and would love love love some new ones!!!!
ReplyDeleteI follow Mizuno on twitter
ReplyDeleteFollowing you and Mizuno on the twitters!
ReplyDeleteI am following your blog now.
ReplyDeleteI already follow Mizuno on Twitter (my twitter name is 'dustywise', very clever I know)
ReplyDeleteI am following you on Twitter now...
ReplyDeleteMy idea of a brilliant run is nice cool weather, no traffic on the roads, with great tunes to rock out with.
ReplyDeleteMy "Brilliant Run" would include waking up the first time my alarm goes off and hitting the streets around town before the traffic picks up. Sometimes I prefer to listen to music, but others I prefer to concentrate on my breathing and the sounds around me. I am currently training for my first marathon (St. Jude in Memphis in Decemeber), so I have many miles ahead of me over the next 5 months! Sure could use some more Mizunos! :)
ReplyDeleteI love a quiet, cool evening run, getting lost in my music, feeling the sweat roll down my face, but the cool breeze pushes it back.
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run is a morning run where I feel like I can keep going and I am pain free. I love Mizuno! I actually have been reading your reviews on the Ronin's and Precision's and trying to decide which pair to buy!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog!
ReplyDeleteI follow you on Twitter (via @runningbun)
ReplyDeleteI follow Mizuno Running on Twitter (via @runningbun)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run is one where I have no pain and feel like I can go forever, would love this run right now!!!
ReplyDeleteI follow Mizuno Running on Twitter
ReplyDeletemy brilliant run would be, a quiet day in the fall hitting up the leaf covered trail. listening to natures music and the sound of my feet hitting the ground. all in a fresh pair of wave inspire 8's
ReplyDeleteMy idea run: no huminity, some wind but not too much, early morning, and listening to inspirational music, to keep me going. lnb1191(at)aol(dot)com
ReplyDeleteShared on Facebook
ReplyDeletesnowy mountain with just the right amount of snow for it to be runnable and soft...storm clears out just as i get to the summit, not too scary, but totally empty of people except maybe 1 or 2 other people running with me. about 35 degrees out. sun sets as we descend.
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run is the type where I feel great the whole time and can just run without having to mentally push myself the whole time. Doesn't hurt if it's a nice cool day either, I don't care for running in the heat or humidity!
ReplyDeleteforgot to leave my twitter name (@amandanaro)
DeleteI follow Mizuno on twitter already
ReplyDeleteforgot to leave my twitter name (@amandanaro)
Deletemy brilliant run is when my daughter not only acknowledges that I'm leaving to go for a run... but decides to join me. debbieworcester@mac.com
ReplyDeletehttps://twitter.com/pinoysugarplum/status/220998680789008384
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run is looong! I love 20 milers on a nice, cool morning with dates and water in my pack and podcasts in my iTunes! :)
ReplyDeleteI subscribed to your blog via Google Reader!
ReplyDeleteI follow @mizunorunning on twitter as @O_Erin
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run is a loop in Brooklyn's Prospect Park - fast and hard, strong up the hill.
ReplyDeleteI follow Mizuno Running on Twitter!
ReplyDeleteI subscribe to your blog via Google Reader
ReplyDeleteI honestly feel like every run is brilliant in one way or another…….the way I see it, the only ‘bad’ run you have is the one you didn’t take!! But I did have an especially awesome and brilliant run on Tuesday of this week. My knee had been giving me problems the week before, and I went out on the run expecting that I may have to stop or go shorter than I intended. But my knee felt great! I felt incredible running through the redwood forest on my favorite trails, with a light breeze and a lovely 58 degrees. Feel free to be jealous, because it really was that great!
ReplyDeletelaurel_cedarblade@sbcglobal.net
DeleteI tweeted!
ReplyDeletehttps://twitter.com/pace_of_laurel/status/221013651895754752
I let you know what shoes I want (Wave Rider 15's) on twitter :)
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run?
ReplyDeleteA 15 mile stretch of rubber track with animals on the side like in an Animal Kingdom Safari. I would have just consumed a few caffeine shots so i can run much faster than normal. Then there are whole foods stops on the way. I will get some food at one then tell them what i want for the next.
My brilliant run?
ReplyDeleteA 15 mile stretch of rubber track with animals on the side like in an Animal Kingdom Safari. I would have just consumed a few caffeine shots so i can run much faster than normal. Then there are whole foods stops on the way. I will get some food at one then tell them what i want for the next.
I subscribed to your blog!
ReplyDeleteI followed you on twitter
ReplyDelete@123onirocdarb is me
Shared you on facebook. Thanks for the great shoe reviews and advice.
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run is when I'm out on the roads training with my athletes I coach, watching them achieve and progress is the best feeling!
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run? Monday morning when everyone else is at work; just me and my dog making our way around the Wellington coastline being obnoxiously chirpy to everyone we meet!
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run is those rare occasions in which you feel like you can run forever.
ReplyDeleteJusbecuz - RW Forum
My idea of a brilliant run is early in the morning when the rest of the world is still quiet, out here on the open fields of the little valley I live in, watching the sun come up. (and preferably it's a long run!)
ReplyDeleteI follow Mizuno on Twitter, Twitter name @Cateydid
ReplyDeleteAnd I now follow you on Twitter!
ReplyDeleteI love long runs in the fall when it's cool outside and the leaves are crunching under my feet!
ReplyDeleteI just had a brilliant run this afternoon running with my daughter's high school cross country team. I ran with the 2 coaches and was able to keep up with them for most of the 6+ miles.
ReplyDeletewhen i hit my paces during a work-out!
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run would be the first marathon run with my niece. She's an amazing kid, really competitive but truly kind and generous of heart. She's expressed interest in doing a marathon so it would be so supercool to guide her through training. I bet she could teach me a lot too! :)
ReplyDeletealready follow you on twitter
ReplyDeletefollowed mizuno on twitter
ReplyDeleteretweeted the link to your blog post
ReplyDeletesubscribed on google reader (i think i set it up correctly?)
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run: Turtle Creek on a not so humid summer evening around dusk/sunset, I'm not injured and it's one of those nights when I feel like I can run forever.
ReplyDeletehttps://twitter.com/pinoysugarplum/status/221304668079398912
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run is with my brother at a slow enough pace to chat and on the trails!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog!
ReplyDeleteI follow Mizuno Running on Twitter!
ReplyDeleteI follow you on Twitter now too!
ReplyDeleteAnd I tweeted your giveaway!
ReplyDeleteMy brillant run is when I can just let go of everything and be at peace with me and my body!!
ReplyDeleteI'm a follower!
ReplyDeleteI like mizuno on twitter!
ReplyDeleteNow follow you on twitter!
ReplyDeleteI'm tweeting your giveaway now!
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run occurs when I whip my running buddies' behinds!!!
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run would be when I get a chance to hit the trails at toro park.
ReplyDeleteAlex
Aramirez198017@yahoo.com
my brilliant run is with my husband early in the morning.
ReplyDeleteamramazon280 at yahoo dot com
https://twitter.com/pinoysugarplum/status/221720313208119296
ReplyDeleteI want an invite so much!!! I heart mizunos.
ReplyDeleteI follow as will1494 on GFC
ReplyDeleteI follow @MizunoRunning on Twitter as @will1494
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run is wearing new Mizunos, on a crisp morning with no bugs, listening to some inspiring tunes, besting myself.
ReplyDeleteTweeted to tell you what shoes I wanna win to wear!
ReplyDeleteI follow you on Twitter now - @will1494
ReplyDeletehttps://twitter.com/will1494/status/221761860813340672 I am a heavy plodder so I need Wave Prophecy's!
ReplyDeleteI shared this on my facebook page!
ReplyDeleteMy Brilliant Run would be to do the Winter/Sun 10K race with my son (3yrs old) in the jogger. I've wanted to since he was born and just haven't had the guts. If I get a pair of shoes, I will do it!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to win.
I follow Mizuno on twitter :)
ReplyDeleteFollow you on twitter and tweeted. (@adventuretykes)
ReplyDeletetweeted the post. :)
ReplyDeleteFollowing your blog. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteto be honest i have no ideal what is mean to brilliant run but i am willing to learn.
ReplyDeletefollowing on gfc purplelover04
ReplyDeleteFollow Mizuno Running on Twitter. @purplelover04
ReplyDeletehttps://twitter.com/purplelover04/status/222126565847334913 the pair i like
ReplyDeletehttps://twitter.com/purplelover04/status/222126230495956992
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run is when I run with my son in his stroller early in the morning. It is a time when everything is quiet and it is just us together in a peaceful time. He loves it and I love it! This time together is a little reprieve from the chaos that is about to ensue when we get home to breakfast and Phineas and Ferb madness! I love this sweaty and quiet time and it is what is brilliant to me!
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant ideal run would be along the Charles in late fall. Leaves changing, wind blowing with a touch of cool in the breeze, warm yellow sunlight sparkling on the river. I can't wait for fall to come!
ReplyDeleteFollowed you on Twitter as @chelpixie
ReplyDeleteFollowed Mizuno Running on Twitter as @chelpixie
ReplyDeleteDoes already being subscribed to your blog count? ;)
ReplyDeleteMy tweet to you: https://twitter.com/chelpixie/status/222292295553269760
ReplyDeleteMy tweet to Mizuno https://twitter.com/chelpixie/status/222292295553269760
ReplyDeleteTweeted!! https://twitter.com/will1494/status/222344812249092098
ReplyDeletemy ideal run: somewhere new and scenic without a crowd (but safe, and i can't get lost) and with good friends for company.
ReplyDeletefollowed you on Twitter as @TravisJ11
ReplyDeletehttps://twitter.com/TravisJ11/status/222360521293307905 My tweet to mizuno
ReplyDeletemy tweet to you https://twitter.com/TravisJ11/status/222360270608146432
ReplyDeleteshared via twitter here: https://twitter.com/TravisJ11/status/222361257880207360
ReplyDeletemy last brilliant run was brilliant because I am RUNNING again! Simple as that.
ReplyDeletefollow your blog as tkjones7
ReplyDeleteA trail run would definitely be my ideal brilliant run!
ReplyDeleteI follow Mizuno on twitter!
ReplyDeleteI follow you on twitter! @ricoleruns
ReplyDeleteI tweeted to you
ReplyDeleteI tweeted to Mizuno Running
ReplyDeletei now follow you and mizuno running on twitter!
ReplyDeleteHope to have yet another brilliant run when I run my first marathon in October. Had my first brilliant run, the day I finally ran 2 miles without stopping.
ReplyDeleteFollowed you on Twitter @kyliebrynne
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run would be to find the perfect shoes that become one with me feet and I don't even know I'm wearing them and then run the perfect race. I've tried many shoes and haven't found this yet. I hope to look to Mizuno now to get me there! I'm running the NYC marathon (my first) in November for cancer charity and this seems like good timing to make this my brilliant run!
ReplyDeleteBlog followed :)
ReplyDelete@mizunorunning followed on Twitter
ReplyDeleteFollowed you on Twitter and tweeted which shoes I'd want (well...between two lol)
ReplyDeleteTweeted about the giveaway too: https://twitter.com/mgivenback/status/222521689752346626
ReplyDeleteThat's all five...whew! :)
My ideal brilliant run would be a bonkless marathon!!! I'm running my first this October, so determined to make it a Mezamashii run no matter what!
ReplyDeleteFollowing your blog as well!
ReplyDeleteFollow you on Twitter (@melissyk)
ReplyDeleteFollower of Mizuno on the Twitterverse as well ;)
ReplyDelete(@melissyk)
My brilliant run will be just going out for a run tomorrow for first time in 27 days due to being sick. Follow Mizuno on Twittet and FB already.
ReplyDeleteMy brillan run is up Sleeping Bear Dunes, across the top and down. The view of Glen Lake is astounding!
ReplyDeleteI love running on a cool, sunny morning, when there is still a chill in the air around a beautiful body of water - like our local community lake.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the chance to win!
gina.m.maddox (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Follow Mizuno Running on Twitter.
ReplyDelete@CrazyItalian0
gina.m.maddox (AT) gmail (DOT) com
I follow you publicly on GFC! -- Gina M
ReplyDeletegina.m.maddox (AT) gmail (DOT) com
TWEET-https://twitter.com/CrazyItalian0/status/222687768189472768
ReplyDeletegina.m.maddox (AT) gmail (DOT) com
Tweet! https://twitter.com/will1494/status/222693504864878592
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run would have to be on a fall morning. I love it when its just getting cool so there's a little bit of chill in the air and some crisp leaves at your feet! I feel unstoppable on those mornings.
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run begins just prior to dawn and follows a trail system through northern Michigan. It starts slower and gradually gets faster until I feel like a predator running through the woods - brilliant.
ReplyDeletePS - my twitter ID is @brandy4587 and I am follwing @MizunoRunning and @BeckiPierotti
DeleteMy idea of a brilliant run is when I am running and setting a personal record but it feels effortless! Don't get those too often!
ReplyDeleteI follow ur blog! And Twitter!
ReplyDeleteMy ideal run is a cool weather, early morning long run in my lovely city - Chicago.
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog through Google Reader.
ReplyDeleteI follow @Mizunorunning on twitter
ReplyDeleteI follow you on Twitter.
ReplyDeleteI tweeted about this giveaway
ReplyDeleteI follow you and @mizunorunning on twitter via @bigfoot10s
ReplyDeleteI tweeted about this giveaway
ReplyDeletetweeted @mizuno running
ReplyDeletetweeted @BeckiPierotti
ReplyDeleteI followed your blog
ReplyDeletefollowed @Mizunorunning
ReplyDeleteMy ideal run is temps in the 50s, with my running buddies, pushing each other while having a good conversation. We run at 5am, and have the roads to ourselves. Nothing better!
ReplyDeleteMy Brilliant Run happen every week when I gather with like minded champions and we shred the trails and path ways of Sacramento with our brilliance!
ReplyDeleteTwitter check, check
ReplyDeleteMy idea of a brilliant run is the one where I am smiling the entire time even if it's hard! It makes me realize how much I love what I am doing!
ReplyDeleteFollowing!
ReplyDeleteMy 'brilliant' run happens every time I put on my Mizuno Wave Riders! I heart running!
ReplyDeleteMy ideal run is an early Saturday morning run with the temperature in the 50's. Partly cloudy w/ a chance of light showers. I love running w/ my run group!
ReplyDeleteYou can reach me via Twitter @n_v_x
DeleteFollowing you on Google Reader! You can reach me via Twitter @n_v_x
ReplyDeleteI shared this post through Facebook - my ideal run is a mid-morning sand dune run at Sandbanks Provincial Park with my Dad followed up by a quick dip in Lake Ontario or West Lake.
ReplyDeleteContact: royce.robbins@gmail.com
I follow you on twitter, I follow your blog and I love my mizuno running experience. Invite me!!
ReplyDeleteI already follow @MizunoRunning. @n_v_x on Twitter!
ReplyDeleteFollowing @BeckiPierotti! @n_v_x on Twitter.
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run is on weekend mornings as the sun is rising. I love being out on the roads while the rest of the neighborhood is still sleeping.
ReplyDeleteI am following Mizuno Running on Twitter.
ReplyDeleteI follow you on Twitter now!!!
ReplyDeleteTweeted the blog post. @n_v_x
ReplyDeleteMy Brilliant Run:
ReplyDeleteTemps in the mid 40's and nothing but open road. And trying to keep up with my running partners of coarse.
A brilliant run occurs when you step out with your scheduled training in hand. You finish the task before you, and your mind says your done. But the arms keep moving, the heart keeps pumping, and your legs press on. As your mind wonders what is happening, your Mizunos look up and say, "oh we're not done yet"...and you head off into the horizon.
ReplyDeleteDan Utz dan.utz@comcast.net
I follow Mizuno on FB and twitter - which is how I found this blog. :)
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run would be to be able to run 5K. I'm getting there!!
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog :)
ReplyDeleteI follow @mizunorunning on twitter (as @EnvigeurFitness)
ReplyDeleteI follow you on twitter (as @EnvigeurFitness)
ReplyDeleteI tweeted about the giveaway! (as @EnvigeurFitness)
ReplyDeleteMy brilliant run would be to complete a half marathon this year!
ReplyDeleteI followed your blog
ReplyDeleteFollowing your blog.
ReplyDeletefollowing you on twitter (@cubanrunning)
ReplyDeletefollowing Mizuno (@cubanrunning)
ReplyDeleteAnd I posted about the invitation giveaway: https://twitter.com/CubanRunning/status/222729533936250880
ReplyDeleteI'm following you on twitter as @xiomeeks.
ReplyDeletefollowing @mizunousa on twitter
ReplyDeleteShared on Facebook.
ReplyDeleteTweeted about it! (@xiomeeks)
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run will take place this summer. I'll be in London for part of the Olympics (hopefully watching the womens marathon in person!), Germany, Amdterdam (possibly) and around Ireland. I plan to run in every city I visit!
ReplyDeleteI follow Mizuno already on twitter :) @sheenabean13
ReplyDeleteand now follow you on twitter as well! @sheenabean13
ReplyDeleteMy idea of a brilliant run is 16 miles, low humidity, slight breeze, weather in the high 50s, running through some gorgeous scenery with a couple of good buddies at my side.
ReplyDeleteand I now follow your blog.
ReplyDeleteI now follow your blog.
ReplyDeleteMy ideal brilliant run is running the last 6.2 miles of the marathon feeling better than when I started.
ReplyDeleteI already follow @mizunorunning on Twitter
ReplyDeleteI commented about the shoes on Twitter
ReplyDeleteMy ideal run begins early, just as the sun is coming up. The air is cool, and the streets are quiet in that 'just dawn' sort of way. The run starts and ends with the feeling of power that yes, I just ran that kinda feeling!
ReplyDeletemy email address is:
Deletelathra0515@yahoo.ca
A brilliant run for me is anywhere, any distance, with a friend, old or new. I love to share the running experience.
ReplyDeleteDave Bessom: davebessom@gmail.com
Also I am now following your blog :)
ReplyDeleteA brilliant run for me is anywhere, any distance, with a friend, old or new. I love to share the running experience.
ReplyDeleteDave Bessom: davebessom@gmail.com