Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Brooks Pure Project Contest

I'm ridiculously proud of this picture for some reason, so I'm posting it up. Came out almost exactly how I had it pictured. This is the effect I was going for (alright, so theirs is better, but those are professional graphic designers who made that. I am a physical therapy grad student with no formal graphic design or art training who did this between classes, and Facebook compressed it all funny on me). View the full size here or by clicking on the photo (it's worth it for full size, I swear!). More after the break.



UPDATE 9/28: This one's not bad either. Fairly happy with this one, though the first entry is my personal favorite. Click for full size.



UPDATE #2 9/29: This picture took way less time than that HUD one, which took forever. This one is kind of funny and is dedicated to my friend Julie the VFF fan. Alternately, it could be dedicated to Sage Canaday, whom I've never actually met, but whose video made me laugh and gave me the idea for the picture (it is a tongue in cheek video, people, no need to freak out). It's supposed to be smashing through the Vibram webpage, but after I did it, I realized it should probably be glass smashing, not paper ripping, nor should it look like someone wrote on it in Sharpie, but by then it was too late. So I'm calling it the Vibram catalog that has a navigation menu on top for some reason (dude, it's Vibram, it shouldn't be a surprise if they don't make sense ;) ). Click for the large version.



UPDATE #3 9/30: This one sucked. To make, that is. I couldn't figure out how to make it look the way I wanted. I bet there is an easy way to do this. I should ask my brother, because he is a real graphic designer and probably doesn't just do a combination of playing with random Photoshop tools and sort of looking at tutorials online until it looks kind of how I pictured it. I think it came out looking okay though. Clicky!



UPDATE #4 10/1: This one was pretty easy once I finally figured out where I wanted to go with it. Deciding where to go was a completely different issue...it went through about three different backgrounds, and the guy has been changed quite a few times. Clickity click.



This was originally going to be my entry for 10/1, but then I decided that I didn't like it enough, so I made the second one. This one took almost as long to make as the HUD picture, but it just didn't come out quite as nicely as I would have liked it to.


I have added all of these to the Artwork page, in case anyone is interested.

Unfortunately none of these won. Pure Project is now available at retail locations, and will be available online on January 1, 2012.

3 comments:

  1. The top one has a cool comic book vibe that I like. But part of me is wondering why she is running around the track backwards and in lane 5. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm not sure why I'm running around the track backwards and in lane 5. I'd like to say it's because if I flipped my photo I also would have had to figure out how to flip my team logo and make it look natural, but you can't even read it. I could also pretend it's because I'm smart enough to do my repeats in an outside lane and switch up directions every so often, but that's not always true. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Brooks' the best! Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...