Saturday, October 16, 2010

Stress Eating and Bike Trainers

Ugh, stress eating. I hate it. It's all I've been doing lately. From 7pm on, all I do is stuff my face. It's usually cereal, but there's no more cereal left in my house, so today it was pretzels and cashews. I don't even like cashews very much (almonds > cashews), but I ate an entire container anyway. Started feeling sick, but that didn't stop me. So now I'm sitting here sipping tea and trying to keep everything down, because the only thing I can think of that would be less pleasant than stress eating itself would be puking pretzels and cashews onto my keyboard. Wonderful. I feel fat and soft and gross. In actuality, I've probably gained half a pound, if that (just a guess, since it's been a few since I've weighed myself), and no one is ever going to notice besides me. I just hate looking at myself in the mirror right now, and I especially hate the way I look in cycling shorts. I'd also love to know when my internal clock got messed up. Not that it was ever great, but it wasn't "Go to bed at 2am, wake up at noon, and end up screwed when you have to wake up to go to work" before.

The bike trainer is beyond boring, but I don't want to go outside since climbing hurts my foot. Well, maybe it doesn't since I haven't really tried, but I'm assuming it does since pushing a heavy gear on the trainer hurts, and I really don't want to fly down the hill into the Valley and then turn around and not be able to ride home. Now, the good point to all of this is the fact that I've been riding the trainer for over a week and have included some quality days in there, and my hip flexor seems to be alright (previously it hated the bike and would protest mightily the following day). Props to Dr. Laura Bovee at Active Performance Chiropractic. I'm glad that I can do something (for now at least), but the trainer is still anything but exciting. I've been watching running and cycling movies for motivation, but I've burned through almost all of them (I figure I'll finish Breaking Away halfway through my morning double before work tomorrow), so if you have any good suggestions, feel free to leave them. As long as it's not Chariots of Fire, because Chariots of Fire is a terrible movie (sorry, but it is). I don't care if they're sports related or not, as long as they'll hold my attention on the trainer, but bonus points if there are scenes that will get me to hammer. And what the heck, bonus points for cute boys too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...